Job Title: Project Administrator
Reports To: Co-leaders of Conservationists of Color
Position Type: Temporary, Part-Time. 10 hours per week
Last Updated: 8/31/2023
Reporting to the co-leaders of Conservationists of Color, and working closely with the CoC Strategic Planning team, this temporary position serves as administrative support for CoC’s strategic planning efforts through March 2024, including CoC member communications, planning for group meetings, developing a member database, note taking, and providing general administrative support for our work. This is a remote position with flexible hours.
About Conservationists of Color
Conservationists of Color (CoC) is a national affinity group established in 2019 to change the face of leadership in the conservation movement to represent the diversity and richness of the communities we serve. Our goal is to increase the number of culturally responsible people of color who succeed in conservation and become empowered decision-makers with a seat at the table to impact the community positively. We work to fulfill this mission by leading national/ regional workshops and community gatherings to increase understanding in the conservation community around the issues and developments that affect the careers of BIPOC practitioners. Most importantly, CoC provides a platform and critical space for people of color who work within the conservation movement to build community and connections that support their professional well-being and careers in a sector where voices of BIPOCs are often relegated to the margins.
Essential Job Duties
- With guidance from the CoC leadership team, communicate with CoC members and supporters, including responding to CoC inquiries and emails.
- Organize and schedule appointments and meetings.
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, and forms
- Assist in the preparation of grant reports
- Develop and maintain a member database system
- Assist in writing and publishing e-blasts, social media content, blogs, articles, etc.
- Provide applicable content for use in communications
- Ability to work with internal and external partners in a collegial manner
- Ability to work alone or on a team over virtual platforms
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Capable of effectively using social media
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to multi-task and respond appropriately to deadlines.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Database acumen, including Content Management Systems, spreadsheets, etc
- Experience with social media scheduling and monitoring tools, like Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, or CloudCampaign.
- Proficient in Canva, Adobe, or other design software.
- Fluency in G-Suite applications
- Reliable internet connection and suitable home office setup
To Apply. Email a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Administrator Coordinator” in the subject line. The writing sample can be a professional writing sample that you feel best demonstrates your writing ability. Applications are only accepted electronically. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.